StatCounter







Friday 15 December 2006

Some Poetry!

I'll be adding poetry throughout, from time to time:)
Let me know what you all think! Comments below.

*sidenote*
All of my pieces are copyrighted. So please, no plagarising! lol


Rite…

Water is our affinity

Likely we were coastlines in an ancient land

Renewing, with phases of the moon

Rain trees and plant people.



The one who builds temples from stick and stone,

Paints frescoes of indigo pimento saffron,

Is now in need of repair.

Standing, facing my ocean toil at his back armour at his feet

Singing, searching, chanting for remedy,

And the woman whose only task is his rebirth.



I am that woman

To embrace and bathe him

Collect and undress

Strip away the cover the day has cast

Swathing where he is most hollow, erect

With parts of myself folding softly inward

Submitting bodies and will

To the cure in the suffuse

Wet-ting

Us

Wash-ing

Him

Soak-ing

Me

Surren -der

In’

Swim-ming

Freely

Plung-ing

Deeply

Wrapping

Writhing

Rinsing

Rising

Knead-ing

Through

Heal-ing

You

Hold-ing

Breath

Resurface

New



When all else falls away like mud cloth and sand

Passion be the water,

A woman healing a man who builds

But I don’t need temples

Only a few stepping stones carving a path

That clings to the earth

Kissing the ground

We

Walk

On.



Taiwo Ogunnaike
Copyright 2003


poetess

I was born in Utopia,

graced with the body of a Goddess and the image of a Queen.

With arms toned stretching long enough to reach all continents

and a few planets in between.

I have a belly full for reproduction;

my legs are long and lean.

My skin is smooth and gold as a Nigerian Sun,

My eyes are as brown as a cocoa bean.



I take summer holidays on the Nile, Isis brings me

Beautifully well endowed men to feast on, I am content.

By the end of summer I would spit out babies,

Continuing to build a strong black universe.

My babies will grow up to be fruitful and multiply

in great numbers. Our blackness will forever grow



On my lazy nights I would sit in the woods and paint the sky with clouds.

You may know it as the northern lights or the aurora boreal.


Sometimes I would whisper sweet wisdom in our newborn babies ears,

I know that it makes you wonder

why are they grinning so hard when they've just arrived here.



On Sunday mornings I would sing an aria with the cherubs,

our beautiful voices chimed for all it was worth.

Once I sold the sun to the planet Urantia;

most know it by the name Earth.



On cool nights I would dance across the Moon

riding on the tail of a shooting star;

Waving at Cancri, Pollux, Castor,and not to forget the Quasar.



I would walk the path of the Sahara Desert leaving

all men in awe of my Nubian beauty;

Dark & mysterious, beautifully sculptured,

They can not help but notice me.

I was born in Utopia.


Taiwo Ogunnaike
Copyright 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment